Ingredients 4 servings
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 4 pieces, or 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 pound red skin potatoes, half
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place parsley, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a mini food processor. Process until mostly pureed.
- Stir cumin and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken and the potato cut in half and place the chicken and potato on a baking sheet. Remove 3 tablespoons of the chimichurri sauce and use it to baste both sides of the chicken. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, 17 to 22 minutes. Serve the chicken with the remaining chimichurri sauce.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate chimichurri sauce (Step 2) for up to 1 day.
Serving size: 1 piece chicken & 2 Tbsp. sauce
Per serving: 261 calories; 10 g fat(3 g sat); 1 g fiber; 24 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 31 mcg folate; 63 mg cholesterol; 0 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,591 IU vitamin A; 28 mg vitamin C; 42 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 357 mg sodium; 318 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (47% daily value), Vitamin A (32% dv)