Healthy Christmas Recipe
Xmas Ricotta and Blueberry Pancakes
Prep: 15 min; Cook: 10-12 min; Ready In: 25 min
- 1 3/4 cups sugar-free pancake mix
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder (30 g)
- 2 cups water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Whisk together the pancake mix, protein powder, water, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until just combined. Fold in the ricotta and blueberries. Do not over-mix, or the pancakes will be tough.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium; coat with cooking spray.
- Scoop the batter into the hot skillet using a medium scoop (about 1/2 cup). Cook on each side until light golden brown, about 1 minute per side. (Hint: When you see bubbles rising evenly to the surface of the pancake, it’s time to flip it.) Spray the pan again as needed between pancakes.
- Serve each person 2 pancakes along with 1/4 cup of syrup and 1/4 cup of sliced strawberries.
SERVES 4 (Serving Size: 2 pancakes, 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup)
CALORIES 298; FAT 8.7g (sat 2.8g); PROTEIN 35.2g; CARB 29.5g (sugar 6g); CHOL 138mg; CALC 11.5%; SODIUM 595mg